Leading mental health charity Penumbra has published its Strategic Plan for the next four years, aspiring to be the “most innovative, recovery focused and outcomes orientated organisation in mental health in Scotland.”
The document outlines five strategic aims and identifies new targets and milestones the charity hopes to achieve by 2020.
The five aims at the heart of new Strategic Plan are:
- Recovery – To ensure that all mental health services and activities are hopeful, personalised and recovery focused
- People – To ensure a highly valued, skilled and involved workforce
- Innovation – To develop, support and provide innovative responses that promote recovery, social inclusion and citizenship for people with mental health problems
- Influence – To promote mental health and wellbeing in communities by influencing; policy makers, funders and others
- Improvement – To ensure quality and continuous improvement in all business processes to achieve our mission
The document also identifies a number of more specific aims, particularly the expansion of peer work, international recognition for I.ROC, the development of first response services across Scotland, and achieving the EFQM Recognised for Excellence award.
As part of the plan, each year the charity will review the activities it undertakes in pursuit of these aims to ensure progress is being made towards the 2020 targets.
The document also sets out the Charity’s core values – recovery, human rights, participation, and person centered support – and reaffirms Penumbra’s vision for society and mission statement.
Vision: Penumbra envisages a society where people with mental health problems expect recovery and are accepted, supported and have the resources to fulfil their potential.
Mission: Penumbra will provide, support and influence services and activities that improve the mental health and wellbeing of people.To achieve this we shall seek creative and innovative solutions and work in partnership ith agencies and people who share our vision.
More information about The Strategic Plan 2016-2020 can be found here.
For more information please contact Robin Murphy on 0131 475 2569 or email email@example.com.