Join our epic community of supporters by signing up to the 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon to support our vital work in suicide prevention and young people right across Scotland.
We’ve put together a nifty wee registration form and all we ask is that you complete the details and click submit once you’ve read the Ts and Cs. You’ll receive a follow up email from our team who’ll make sure you’re all set for the big day (03 October 2021). Plus, you’ll get a fashion forward Penumbra tee.
If you have any questions before signing up, email the team email@example.com
Good luck and thank you for being so awesome!
Please read the Ts and Cs
Thank you for registering for a guaranteed charity place with Penumbra in the 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon. YOU ARE AWESOME! We want you to be happy with that you’re taking on. So please take a sec to read the boring bits below and then tick the box to confirm you’re superhappy to RUN FOR PENUMBRA.
1. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit enough to participate in a marathon. If you are unsure about this in any way, you should seek medical advice. You should inform Penumbra and the event organisers of any pre-existing medical conditions, as well as any that arise after registration, that may affect your participation.
2. If accepted to run for Team Penumbra you will need to pay a registration fee of £25, which is non-refundable; it cannot be used towards your sponsorship pledge and must be paid within 7 days of receiving the email request to pay. If you have not paid within 7 days, we will assume you no longer want a 2021 Marathon place with Penumbra and your application may no to taken any further.
3. You acknowledge this is a fundraising event and pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship promise of £250, excluding Gift Aid, no later than 3rd November 2021. Your place can only be used to fundraise for Penumbra and by accepting a Penumbra charity place you understand that Penumbra has the right to withdraw your place at any time, if they consider that you are not actively fundraising and committed to raising the pledged minimum sponsorship.
4. We ask you to commit to the minimum sponsorship, but we encourage you to aim to raise in excess of the minimum.
5. The money raised through your participation in the London Marathon is unrestricted, meaning that Penumbra can use it at a time and in a way that we deem best suited, to ensure we are able to continue delivering mobility equipment and services to the many young wheelchair users that rely upon us for support.
6. If the London Marathon is cancelled for any reason, either by London Marathon Events or on the advice or instruction of the government, then we will follow the advice that will be subsequently given by either party. We will keep all Team Penumbra runners informed and updated as the situation surrounding any cancellation develops.
7. You must only use lawful means to fundraise for the charity and must not do anything which harms, or is likely to harm the charity’s brand or reputation.
8. You acknowledge that if fundraising in a group that each participant is responsible for meeting their individual pledge and you will communicate with Penumbra to let us know of any changes within the group. We welcome groups of up to a maximum of 10 people.
9. You acknowledge that Penumbra charity places area cost to Penumbra and therefore failure to raise any money for the charity will be at the charity’s loss.
10. You acknowledge that you will be contacted be mail, phone, SMS and post in relation to the London Marathon to ensure Penumbra can deliver the necessary administration and communication required to complete your successful participation in the event.
11. All personal information you provide will be treated confidentially and will only be used in the capacity stated.
12. You acknowledge that by joining Team Penumbra, you consent to the charity using photographs and video footage of you from training days and race day in our promotional materials for promoting future events and the work of the charity, examples could include our web site and social media channels.
13. You must be 18 years or over on the day of the race, October 3rd 2021.
14. The virtual London Marathon that is being held on the 3rd October 2021 is a separate event to the mass participation London Marathon that you are signed up to. Places are non-transferable between the virtual and mass participation events, which both have separate registration fees and fundraising pledges.
15. And if you’ve got this far, you’re only bloomin’ awesome!