Community Link Worker Team
What are Community Link Workers?
A Community Link Worker (CLW) is a social practitioner who is part of the primary care team based at your GP practice. A CLW is not a nurse or a doctor but we are part of the primary care team who work closely with your GP and we can help you to improve your mental and emotional wellbeing. We can support you to access the wellbeing activities and services that are available in your local community.
- We can spend time with you to talk about what really matters to you
- We can help you to identify any problems or issues you are experiencing
- We can support you to set goals and work with you to achieve these
- We keep up to date with what is happening locally so we can tell you about new services and resources
- We can go with you to visit these services
Who are my CLW team?
Your Community Link Workers are employed by Penumbra to provide support to people aged 16 and over, and registered with the GP surgeries shown below. Penumbra is a mental health charity offering a range of recovery focused support services around Scotland. Our CLW team in Edinburgh will work in partnership with you to identify practical steps you can take to promote and maintain good mental and emotional wellbeing.
- The Hopetoun Practice
- Bruntsfield Medical Practice
- Gracemount Medical Practice
- Liberton Medical Group
How will you manage my information?
For more background information about the CLW service or for any general enquiries, you can contact our Edinburgh team:
5 Leamington Terrace
Call us on 0131 228 1335 or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Help Now?
If you live anywhere in Scotland, you can call the Samaritans 24/7 on 116 123 or Breathing Space (from 6pm) on 0800 83 85 87 or NHS24 on 111.
The iThrive website can also give Edinburgh and national out of hours support details: iThrive Get Help Now