Self Directed Support
We are committed to supporting people to look forward to mental wellbeing with recovery focused support.
Self directed support (SDS) became law on 1 April 2014 and we believe it gives people more choice, control and the empowerment to live the lives they want to live.
SDS allows people, their carers and their families to make informed choices on what their support looks like and how it is delivered, making it possible to meet agreed personal outcomes.
MY SDS Toolkit
- Download and use the MY SDS Toolkit to help you:
- Learn all about Self Directed Support (SDS)
- Access trusted information and tools to help you explore what SDS could mean to you
- Access resources quickly online using this digital toolkit
- Learn about the SDS options, your rights, risk enablement and self management
- Access SDS tools designed by Penumbra to support you and SDS
SDS storiesSDS Stories Booklet to:
- Let you read about real examples of Self Directed Support (SDS)
- Read examples of SDS and mental Health
- Show you how people have accessed SDS and their experience
- See how people have used SDS to achieve their outcomes
- Learn about the positive impact SDS can have on people with mental health problems
How people have used SDS
Gordon talks about his journey through the SDS process and how Penumbra helped.
Neill from Falkirk talks about using SDS to be supported back into the community.
Craig from Glasgow talks about how he used SDS to access support.